Why are antler dog chews so good for dogs?
Antler chews are the perfect long lasting treat for your dog. They’re cruelty free, mess free and full of nutrients. It’s no wonder they’re becoming so popular with discerning dog owners around Australia.
With the correct sizing – most antlers will last between 4 – 6 months. This is great news for owners of dogs that really love to chew. In addition, it’s nice to know that your dog is getting a health fix while they’re chewing – so much more nutritious than a plastic toy!
What do you mean by ‘cruelty-free’?
Every year male deer shed their antlers. This means they fall off naturally with no human intervention. We collect the fallen antler and use the best selections as premium antler dog chews.
How are they not messy?
- Antler dog chews don’t splinter or go gooey. They are slowly worn down by dogs gnawing on them.
- Antler dog chews are odourless. Even though dogs find them absolutely delicious – they are odourless for humans.
This means that antler dog chews are excellent for indoor chewing.
How long do they last?
Most of our customers get 4 – 6 months (sometimes more) from their antler chews. Yes, even super chewers like Staffies and Great Danes have many months chew time from our antlers.
This is important information for people who are concerned by the price (antlers range from $10 – $44).
When the right antlers are selected they usually cost less than $2/week.
What are the health benefits?
- Antlers are low fat, high protein treats. This means you don’t need to worry about them having any additional fat in their diet. Great for overweight dogs, dogs with allergies or ones with pancreatitis.
- They are jam packed with vital minerals like calcium, phosphorous and zinc.
- Antler chews are excellent for dental hygiene. The gnawing action is great for cleaning teeth and stimulating gums, while the calcium and phosphorous can help with re-mineralising your dog’s teeth.
To see the full selection of antler dog chews, please visit our online store.